1. After you have downloaded the ISO image, make a bootable USB drive. You can create usb drive bootable by simply transferring iso file to usb using dd command.
# dd if=/iso/redos-MUROM-7.3-20210412.1-Everything-x86_64-DVD1.iso
* /dev/sdb is the usb device and make sure you have atleast 5 GB space.
2. After booting the installation USB drive:
Russian language is by default so just select the first option [Установить RED OS] in the boot menu and press Enter. It’s possible to prepare a special ISO image for English language in the future.
Select your preferred language as well as the Keyboard type you have.
3. The Installation Summary is the central screen to set configuration options:
You can display and modify the individual options in any order. If a configuration option was automatically configured correctly, no further action is required. However, if items are marked with an exclamation point icon, you must complete the configuration for these items before you can begin the installation.
[Note] Nothing will be written to the disk until you click the Begin Installation button.
[Time & Date] allows you to set your region and the nearest city in your time zone;
[Keyboard] allows you to add and remove keyboard layouts. If you enable multiple keyboard layouts, move your preferred layout to the top of the list using the «↑» button to set it as default.
[Software Selection] allows you to select RED OS environment and additional software for installation.
In [Installation Destination] select the target disk. A check mark is displayed next to the selected target. The selected disk is partitioned automatically.
Also you can check «Custom» and prepare the disk manually.
Use [Network & Host name] to set the Internet connection options.
Click the Ethernet sliding switch in the top right corner to enable the network configuration. Optional, select the device and click Configure to update the network interface configuration.
In [User settings] select Root Password and enter the password for the root user and confirm it.
Select User Creation:
- Enter the user’s full name.
- Optionally, update the automatically generated user name.
- Set the password and confirm it.
- Optionally, check the Make this user administrator check box. This will add the user to the wheel group and allow this account to use sudo without any further configuration.
4. On the Installation Summary screen, click Begin Installation.
The installation starts and the Installation progress screen is displayed:
5. Wait until the installation completes and click Reboot.
After the installed system has been started you should accept to the License and to press [Finish Configuration].